Woolworths Cricket Blast Health & PE Program
The Yarrabilba Cricket Association are currently working with interested schools, and stakeholders, to introduce them to the Cricket Australia endorsed Woolworths Cricket Blast Health & PE Program.
The program is designed to bring the Australia’s favourite summer sporting code to classrooms across the region.
The Yarrabilba Cricket Association are currently looking towards obtaining local sponsorship that will cover the costs of equipment packs for the schools, while also working with our network of volunteers to offer qualified coaches to participating local schools to introduce the program to child participants.
The Yarrabilba Cricket Association are in the early stages of planning our first annual Cricket Blast School Cup aiming for a late-2022 start date.
The School Cup will hopefully become an annual event on all primary schools in, and around, the Yarrabilba area’s calendars as they look to converge on Yarrabilba to show off the skills they have learned during Health & Physical Education lessons at school.
Benefits of staging the School Cup includes:
- Further develops key fundamental movement skills.
- Enhances a students physical literacy.
- Our School Cups are participation focused.
- Achieves key social and emotional learning outcomes.
- Develops leadership, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Supports learner agency and student voice.
- Caters for all abilities and levels of cricket experience.
- Students will have heaps of fun!
Please use our contact form to request to be kept up to date on the Cricket Blast School Cup.